Whether you’re a California resident or not, you’re likely aware of the fires ravaging parts of the state. Last year we highlighted an ensemble popup group that provided assistance to the Santa Barbara County mudlside and Thomas fire victims. We are honored that volunteers chose PlanHero to help organize signups for this assistance event; if you need help organizing a group of volunteers to collect donations for fire victims and don’t know how to start, we encourage you to take advantage of our free 30-day trial. Don’t hesitate to email or live chat with us if you need hands-on assistance in getting your signup organized. We are here to help!
If you’re wondering how you can help from any location, we’ve compiled a list of organizations to consider for monetary donations. You can also click here for a good resource on how you or your loved ones can prepare for wildfires. For everyone in California impacted by the fires, please stay safe and follow evacuation orders if they impact your area.
- Los Angeles Fire Department. You can donate, get alerts for your area, as well as evacuation information, emergency tips, and more.
- California Fire Foundation offers assistance to firefighters and their families.
- Salvation Army Southern California Division
- Salvation Army Butte County
- Kincade Fire
- North Valley Community Foundation provides assistance to those still impacted by the Camp Fire.
- Our furry (and feathery) friends are also impacted by wildfires. Humane Society of Ventura County provides shelter for displaced animals.
- American Red Cross
We will continue to update this list; if you have an organization you believe belongs here, please drop us a message in the comments.
To our friends and family in California we at PlanHero will continue to pray for your safety.